Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In the Backyard


So far, the weather this week has been pretty wonderful. Sunny. Not too hot. Finally, not humid.

While Indigo was taking a nap, I took some time to enjoy it and attempt to get some of my tan back.

(speaking of tan back, can I just say how wonderful it is to be able to lay on my stomach again)











It's been a while since I've actually been in my backyard, it's quite pretty.






Indigo is fantastic. Her reflux makes her sad, but we're working on it! We've started her on some probiotics and reflux medicine, so things WILL get better soon. She smiles so much now, it's pretty much the most adorable thing in the world. I can't wait for her to laugh. She laughs all the time in her sleep, but I want a real laugh. I can't believe how big she is now! We went to the doctor and she weighed 10 lbs 2 oz...but she had a cloth diaper on so I'm not so sure how accurate that weight is.

I'm overjoyed that Indie has now decided to sleep 5 hours or more at a time at night! It's GLORIOUS. I finally got her to sleep somewhere other than in my bed; the swing. I try not to lay her down flat at all...the one time I did she started choking on her spit up, it was terrifying. After her reflux gets better we'll work on sleeping in the crib.

I can't believe she's 7 weeks old! My sunshine pants will be two months old next week! That's insane. I would love to spend the whole week celebrating, but instead, I must go back to good ol' community college.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to be able to further my education...but community college is the pits. Especially when I have to leave Indie! I don't know how I'm going to handle this...I'm already upset just thinking about it. I'll only be going to school two days a week and early in the mornings, but I'm not ready to leave her. I've only got a small stash of Mommy milk for her. I'm telling you the only thing worse than community college is using a hand pump (just kidding it's not really that bad, it just takes a zillion years). I hope the hours go by quickly without her & I hope even more that she doesn't do any of her big milestones while I'm not there. Fortunately, my Mom will be watching her, so I can come straight home each school day.

---
In other news, Carver leaves for college (that's five and a half hours away) tomorrow.
Boo. We'll miss him more than I can describe. I've been with him almost everyday for a very, very long time. Hopefully, Indigo's first road trip can be to see him...we'll see how it goes. I had a little "surprise" birthday dinner/going away dinner for him last night I'll post about it tomorrow. I'll drown my sorrows in html codes and phrases that address no one in particular (yeah, I'm being a drama queen, it's not really that bad).

Well, that's all for now.
See you folks tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment