Friday, May 27, 2011

Felt is My BFF


Hello, readers!
As I type this, it is four minutes until my birthday! whoopieee!

Honestly, I'm dramatically less excited about this birthday than most of the others, but all-in-all, it is still my birthday, which calls for a celebration (aka new blog post).

I'm really excited about all of these baby showers that are coming up/have gone by. I'm fortunate enough to have stupendous friends. One set of friends are taking time out of their exciting, young, babyless lives to throw me a shower, and the others are multitasking mommyhood and party-planning at the same time. I'm so lucky.

In lieu of it being baby shower season (get your umbrellas people, everyone's pregnant these days), I'm going to show you a few crafts that are ever-so lovely and great gifts for showers.

I recently went to my friend Aubrey's baby shower. 
Once again, on the ever-amazing pinterest, I found some great ideas to inspire the gift I made for her!

It was really simple, I just got a onsie, half a yard of fabric, and a bit of felt...and voila!
I would love to make more for Indigo as well.

Of course, I had to make matching accessories, so I just added similar appliqués to a bib and made a headband.


Seriously though, pinterest is so wonderful. I found plenty of tutorials on how to make adorable felt headbands. I like this one and this one, they're both easy to follow and leave you with wonderful results. I'm obsessed with felt. Just give me felt for any occasion, and I'll love you (felt at hobby lobby is 4 sheets for $1). 

Indigo has WAY too many headbands, and I fully intend on making more in my spare time. Her little headband tree is overflowing, but still has room for more. 


AND of course, I almost forgot about this,
I made this adorable cross-over pinafore for my sweet Indigo.
Mine is a bit harder to tell the exact shape from the pictures, simply because I used the same fabric on both sides, unlike the tutorial's using two fabrics....
but in the end, I was really happy with it. Now all I've got to do is make a diaper cover and have a baby to put in it and I'll be satisfied. 



Less than 50 days until my due date, I'm 33 weeks today!
My baby's favorite pastime? Punching/kicking/hurting me.
Time has flown, but at the same time, I feel like I've always been pregnant. What's it like to not be pregnant?




Well,
Happy Birthday to me. I can't wait for Indigo to be able to celebrate every occasion with me. Ah, my sweet little Indigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment