Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Twoooo Little Birdies + Bleach Accident= Lovely

So,
I got bleach on a dress. Unfortunate? Yes.
Did I fix it?...
Relatively speaking, Yep.

Of course, bleach stains are unfixable unless I find the perfect shade of blue to dye the dress back...
So instead of attempting to become a master dyer, I decided to try and make the bleach look like it was supposed to be there.

My sewing machine skills are not 100% up to par, but a little goes a long way.
I had to get my grandmother's help.

I sewed to little birdies onto a less bleached side of the dress to make it look like the bleach stains were supposed to be clouds. It's a stretch, I know, but it turned out nicely.
Mistake well-done, if I do say so, myself.


First, I splatterd bleach onto my dress accidentally at work,

Next, I was very upset so decided to fix my self enduced disaster, and I cut out several peices of fabric and layed them out to make the brids.

Then, I used some fray resistant glue to make sure the fabric didn't fray, it worked well, I recommend it.
I sewed each piece of the bird on sperately (well I tried, grandmother perfected).


Buttons for the eyes, and then....lovely happy birdies in love.


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, Just wanted to say i loved your blog and this gives me a good idea. I love that dress its absolutely wonderful

    ReplyDelete